Why does this happen, and how to manage it?
When this happens, it means the "Keep Voicemail" option is disabled on your Voicemail Settings in the Customer Portal. To get your voicemails blinking light to "work" again, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Click on the EXTENSION icon from the Dashboard.
- When the page loads, click on the Voicemail Settings Tab.
- Check if Voicemail to email is enabled (ON). If disabled, the voicemails will go to the phone's mailbox, and the blinking light issue is not related to this setting.
- If it is, scroll down to Keep Voicemail, and if it is set to OFF, switch it to ON.
- Click on SAVE.
After completing these steps, your voicemails will now be kept both on your phone and sent to your email, and the blinking light on your phone will return the next time there is a voicemail to be checked.
For a video guide on how to complete these steps, see the video on the link below: