You can transfer a call and speak to the recipient (attended transfer) or you can transfer the call directly without announcing it (unattended).
Using the transfer button
1. Attended transfer
While on a call, press the transfer button and dial the extension to which you want to transfer the call. Once the person picks up, you can have a quick exchange and hang up to connect the two parties.
If you are using a Cisco phone, it may require hitting transfer a second time.
2. Unattended transfer
While on a call, press the Transfer softkey on your phone’s screen and dial the extension to which you want to transfer the call. Press the Transfer softkey again and hang up to connect the two parties.
Transferring a call directly to voicemail ❕
1. While on a call, press the transfer button or the Transfer softkey.
2. Press the star key “*” followed by the extension number of the Voicemail box you wish to transfer the call to (ex: *201).
3. To complete the transfer press the transfer button or the Transfer softkey.
How do I retrieve a transferred call if the party does not answer?
To retrieve a call you or someone else has transferred, you will use the Call Pick Up feature code
- Press the star key twice "**"
- Followed by the extension number where the call was transferred to
Call Pick Up Feature Code - This allows a user to pick up and answer a call actively ringing at another user’s extension by dialing the feature code followed by the extension number. Visit Feature Codes List for more details on our feature codes.